Name: Prof.Ph.D. Abdul-Jabbar Ahmed Abdullah
Date of Birth: Baghdad /Iraq / 1965
Position and Academic title: Dean of the College of Political Sciences.
Professor (PhD) / College of Political Sciences/ Baghdad University / Department of Political system and third world.
- The Secretary (trustee) of the College Board (2006-2008).
-Assistant Dean for Evening studies (from 9-3-2008 to 28-2-2009).
-Assistant Dean for student' Affairs / College of Political Sciences since 1/3/2009.
-A member of the editorial Board in the Journal of Political Sciences.
-A member of Iraqi Assembly of Political Sciences.
-Head of the committee of Human Rights in Baghdad University.
-A member of Dean's committee of the College of Law and Political Sciences.
-Bachelor of Political Sciences – College of Law and Politics – Baghdad University 1987.
-Master of Political Sciences - College of Political Sciences - Baghdad University 1994.
Thesis (The Obstacles of Democracy in third world)
-Ph.D. Political Sciences - College of Political Sciences - Baghdad University 2000. Thesis (Third world between national unity and Democracy).
Academic Titles: Full Professor 2007.
Teaching Experiences: Undergraduate studies:
· A course in teaching (Third World) – Second year.
· A course in teaching (Political Sociology) second year.
· A course in teaching (Political Sciences in English language) - Third year.
· A course in teaching (Public Opinion) fourth year.
Post graduate studies: First: teaching Master Students Courses like:
· Reality and future of Democracy in the Arab states.
· Democracy and National Unity in Iraq.
· The Role of Elite in achieving democracy in Iraq.
· Ways of the supporting national democracy in Iraq.
· Constitution and Constitutionalism in Iraq.
Second: Teaching Ph.D student Courses about:
· Deconstructing mechanics of civil war in Iraq.
· Iraq between the democratic state and the democracy of the state.
Published Books, research papers and essays;
-Books: (In Arabic Language)
ü Democratic transformations in Iraq: Restrains and Opportunities – AlKhaleej center for research – Emirates, 2005.
ü Third world between National Unity and Democracy , Cultural Affairs House, Baghdad 2010.
ü Iraq : the plight of democracy, current political studies, Baghdad March 2013
ü Obstacles of Democracy in the third world – Journal of Political Sciences/ College of Political Sciences/ Baghdad University / No.15/16 1996.
ü The impact of the Economic Prosperity in Egypt in the era of AlSada'at – Journal of Education / Mustansiriya University /1998.
ü The Third World between National Unity and Democracy – Journal of Education / Mustansiriya University / No. 3 /1999.
ü Democracy in the American Foreign Policy – Manual of Baghdad University 2001.
ü The Impact of Martial Laws and Emergency on Democracy – Journal of Educational / Mustansiriya University /No.6 /2001.
ü A study in the Legitimacy of the Authority – Journal of Education / Mustansiriya University /No.6/2001.
ü The human rights in Islam, Journal of the education College 2001.
ü The patriotic Democracy, Political Sciences Journal, Baghdad-2003.
ü Democracy and Arab National Security – Journal of Political Sciences / College of Political Sciences/ Baghdad University / N.o.27 /2003.
ü In the National Democracy – Journal of Political Sciences/ College of Political Sciences/ Baghdad University / No. 28 /2004.
ü The national security and federalism in Iraq, the future center for studies-2003.
ü The Future of Civil Society Organizations in Iraq – Journal of Political Sciences/ College of Political Sciences/ Baghdad University /No.31/2005.
ü Current issues after Iraqi Elections – Journal of Awraq Iraqia / Fejir center / No.2/2005.
ü The future of NGO in Iraq, Political sciences journal, Baghdad -2006.
ü Elections and Democratic Transformation in Iraq – Journal of Political Sciences/ College of Political Sciences/ Baghdad University /No.32/2006.
ü Iraq Between Election's Policy and Electing Policy – Journal of Political Sciences/ College of Political Sciences /Baghdad University /No. 33/2006.
ü Some Equations in Understanding Federation – Hiwar Journal, Iraqi Center for Development and International Conversation/ July 2006.
ü Toleration and civil War in Iraq – Manual of Baghdad University 2007.
ü An Iraqi Reading of Baker's – Hamilton Report – Journal of Political Sciences / College of Political Sciences /Baghdad University /No.135/2007.
ü Some Equations in the complication of Iraqi Elections- Journal of Political Sciences / College of Political Sciences / Baghdad University /No. 135 /2007.
ü Mechanisms of Preventing civil War – Journal of Political Sciences / College of Political Sciences / Baghdad University / No.34/ 2007.
ü A Democratic Perspective to Palestine Issue – The periodical of Palestinian studies Center –April 2007.
ü National Unity and Federation in Iraq – Hiwar Alfikir Journal /No.8 /2008/Iraqi Center for Research Papers and futuristic studies 2008.
ü The best Mean of Seven Issues for Iraqi Policy – Journal of Political Sciences /No.36 /2008.
ü Mechanics of National Reconciliation in Iraq – Iraqi Affairs Journal /Iraq's Centre for studies / No.1 /October 2008.
ü Democracy and Human Development – Democracy and Islam Journal – Baghdad.2006.
ü American presidential elections- Mechanism and campaign issues with special reference to 2008-2012/Political sciences Journal/ issue no. 45- December 2012.
-Essay : Various Political essays in Iraqi newspapers.
Conferences and Symposiums:
· Participating in a research paper presentation entitled (future of civil society Organizations in Iraq) in a workshop organized by the UN about civil society Organizations in Iraq / December 2004 (UNDOPS).
· Participating in a Summer course organized by American Fulbright Institution in cooperation with Massachusetts University - about American Policy and American Political thought 2005(ADP).
· Participating in the Symposium organized by South Korean Institution for international cooperation (KOICA)- About Educational Policy in Iraq 2006>
· Participating in research paper presentation entitled (The Role of three Iraqi Governments in the Political project), Amman symposium About preventing civil war in Iraq organized by Iraqi center for strategic studies / February 2007( third Issue).
· Participating in Federation forum (workshop) in Amman August /2007 about teaching federation course in Iraq.
· Participating in a Universal Conference about Academic Liberties / December - -2007 Erbil.
· Participating in a research paper presentation (Federation and National Unity in Iraq) first scientific Conference – Mustansiriya University / Mansour Mellia Hotel- January 2008.
· Participating in a research paper presentation entitled (International factors and Iraq) as symposium organized by Norwegian Institute for International Affairs NUPI / Dead Sea – Jordan /5-9October 2008.
· Participating in Lecture presentation about American Choices in Iraq /in Oslo – Norwegian Institute for International Affairs /December 2008.
· Participating in a research paper presentation about the political behavior of the Iraqi woman in the first scientific conference / committee of woman research papers /Ministry of Higher Education in Cooperation with the College of Education for women / Baghdad University / Mansour Melia Hotel /2010.
· Participating in a research paper presentation about state construction in Iraq in cooperation with Aeyn Aliraq Company for cultural and media investments 2010.
· Lecture at a symposium (Democratic transition in Iraq reality and ambition), Islamic College University, Najaf December 2012.
· Participating in a research paper presentation about the rights of the martyr in the Iraqi political system after 2003 – Foundation of Martyrs – Alrasheed hotel Baghdad 01/19/2013.
· Lecture about (Demonstrations in Iraqi and international legislation and the Iraqi reality) The National Center for Human Rights - Iraqi Ministry of Human Rights, Baghdad March 2013.
· Lecture about (Democratic choice of the fight against terrorism)- Iraqi Ministry of Defense - National Defense College, February 2013.
· Lecture about (Democratic option as a choice to build Iraqi state) - Iraqi Ministry of Defense - National Defense College, May 2013.
· Participating in conference (The launch of the first report to observe the performance of the Iraqi provincial elections 2012) in collaboration with the United Nations, June 2013.
Supervision of Higher studies students:
Master and PhD students inside and outside Iraq:
1. Partisan system in Iraq 1968-2003 / Master.
2. Mauritanian Political System: An Analytical Political Study / Master.
3. Democratic Transformations in the Arab homeland/ Master.
4. National Unity and Iraqi Political System: Obstacles and Solutions / Master.
5. Iraqi Political System after 2003/ Master.
6. Democratic Choice in Iraq between American and National Visions / Master.
7. The Political System in Morocco Kingdom / Master.
8. Iraqi Woman Political Participation after 2003 / Master.
9. The Position of Arab Political system from Middle East Project / Master.
10. Iraqi Parliament Super visional Role After 2003/ Master.
11. Kirkuk's Problem as a Disputed Issue in Iraq / Master.
12. The complicated Relation between Executive and Legislative Authority in the Iraqi Political System / Master.
13. The Problem of Political settlement in Lebanon after altaeef Agreement 1989 / Ph.D.
14. Pluralism and its Impact on National Unity : Malaysian Model / Ph.D.
15. Democratic transformation in Iraq after 2003 / Ph.D.
16. The Role of Religious Merjeea in the Political process after 2003/ Master.
17. The future of the constitutional Experiences in Iraq / Master.
18. The Role of Democratic Choice in fighting terrorism in Iraq / Master.
19. The religious factor in the Safawi – Uthmani Relations and its Impact on Iraq / Master.
20. Parliamentary Experience in Iraq between the Monarchical and Republican eras / Master.
21. Rights and Liberties in Iraqi Constitutions / Master.
22. Military spending and development Iraq as model / Ph.D.
23. Authority Foundation and State Building /Ph.D.
24. The Failed state: Analytical Political study of the Modern Arab states /Ph.D.
25. Social Democratic movement in Iraq political study: Present and Future / Ph.D.